My avatar's name is Ava Donja of Silk and Stone.
The other me writes general market romance. I play World of Warcraft. This is where I make two parts of my life merge in sensual fantasy romance novellas.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Achievement Whore

That's right. When grinding for gear and rep gets boring (and it does get boring) I like to focus on achievements. I got Loremaster before it got easy, so now there's always the quests of Kalimdor or whatever. I have 2 more rare archeology finds until I've finished that list. I don't know how I'm going to get to 200 recipes (at 198 - missing Thistle tea and Seafood Mag). The guild has about 1800 fish to go (So tired of fishing) and thistle tea can't happen because I'm a druid.

I'm 7th in my guild (level 21 ftw) and I could be 4th easy if I did all the Lich dungeon achs. I just can't solo them because I'm too squishy and no one wants to do them with me. :( I know I just need to try harder to persuade. Shouldn't be too difficult since I'm a girl.

If I start getting serious in pvp I could kick some ach butt, but I really don't like it. Every bg I've been in has been spastic. Seriously, the alliance pvpers do not play well together. It's every man for himself. This makes healing a bitch. I could go boomchicken, but then I'd end up just as egocentric as the rest. PVP and me are not a good mix (the reason why I will never get the Children's Week completed and, thus, the big-bad-What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been). Of course, if I do start prepping now, I might be competent and geared enough to actually pvp with less suckage than usual and get the damn ach. Who knows?  Worth considering.

What do you do when you start to suffer from WoW burn out?

No comments: